It allows you to view the data of "one of the world's largest online
databases, providing free public access to a vast data store of maps and aerial
photographs of the United States." (cite from terraserver-usa.com)
TerraView is beta software. Depending on your feedback and your ideas it
will grow or stay the way it is.
- doubleclicking the small windows titlebar undocks them
- doubleclick centers tile, ctrl-doubleclick zooms in one level
- resolutuion window:
- all checked: auto resolution selection
set order of selection high to low/low to high
- non checked: force selected resolution
(fails if data not available)
- L R F M P opens additional panels
- can show trace locations
- only USA is covered
- b/w photos only down to 1m/pixel
- color photos only for selected areas
Just copy it into the 3d Traceroute folder.
Deinstallation: Just delete the executable.
Do NOT store the executable on
the desktop. It will create addional files and folders.